Without further ado:
Yield: 16 cookies
3/4 pound Milk Chocolate
1/4 pound Dark Chocolate
1/2 pound Butter
1 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 pound Butter, softened
4 oz Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
10oz All Purpose Flour
- In a small sauce pot combine the butter and the cream over low heat.
- Cut up the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heat safe bowl.
- Once the cream and butter boil, pour over the chopped chocolate. Do not stir the mixture for 7 minutes.
- After the 7 minutes has passed, stir the chocolate and cream mixture, with a spatula, until silky and smooth.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Do not stir during this process, it will make the chocolate lose its shine a smooth texture.
- Cream the sugar and the butter together.
- Once light and fluffy, add the egg and vanilla.
- Slowly stir in the flour until the dough comes together in a ball.
- On a greased cookie sheet, place rounded tablespoons of the dough.
- Press the centers of the balls down, creating a button shape.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes or until slightly brown. These cookies are very light in color, naturally.
- Once baked, allow to cool on the cookie sheet until room temperature.
- Flip the cookies upside down.
- With an offset spatula or a spoon, spread the ganache on the under side.
- Refrigerate for another hour before serving.