Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Scream, You Scream...

With all of these peaches I had to think of something else to do with them before they spoiled. So, embracing my deep love for sorbet, I decided to come up with a peach inspired flavor.

I did not use my standard recipe for this sorbet, instead I tried a healthier path, replacing the sugar with honey and keeping the peaches in bigger pieces when blending it.

You will need an ice cream machine to make this. Mine is nothing special at all. I have an ice cream machine from the 1970's, if I had to guess. I found it in my grandmother's basement, it has one speed and yes, you do have to add ice and salt.

My Ice Cream Machine




Honey Orange Peach Sorbet
Yield: 2 cups when frozen

1 lb Peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 c Honey
1 Orange, juiced and zested
1 pinch Salt
1 1/4 c Water

  1. Combine all ingredients in a pot over low heat. Cook over low for about 30 minutes.
  2. Allow to cool to room temperature.
  3. Blend in batches in a blender of food processor until almost completely smooth.
  4. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
  5. Pour into the ice cream machine and follow manufacturers instructions.
  6. Once frozen, remove from the machine, put in a freezer safe container and freeze until firm.
  7. Scoop and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment