Thursday, September 15, 2011

Change, Change, Change.

Story of my life ever since I've graduated high school. As I sit back and think about it, it is pretty crazy. In the past year I have lived in four states, traveled to six and have cooked well over ten thousand meals. Wow.
Green is Where I Lived and Pink is Where I Visited



Now back at the good ole' CIA, I've learned that, things are only sort of the same as the way I left them. Not that different is a bad thing.

For starters, the B blockers now have kitchen classes. Interesting, no? Now it is near impossible to recognize who is new and who is not here on campus.

The coats have changed. Instead of simply having our names embroidered on them, they now have a huge CIA logo. Personally, I would opt for the name only jackets and am hoping mine does not come with a huge emblem on them.

Courtside has actually improved its food. Shocker I know, but I actually enjoy eating there now. They even include nightly specials that seem to be going over pretty well.


Lunch Today from Courtside: Reuben with Potato Pancake



Speaking of food, the known and loved meal schedules are all over the place, making it near impossible for me to figure out which kitchen is open when, thus resulting in eating at Courtside.

They have also made some aesthetic changes, remodeling the duck pond and "the hamster tunnel".




My view for the year has also changed. Instead of living near the duck pond, my roomies and I have a lovely view of The Hudson River...and the dumpster. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.



The veiw from my corner of the world has changed, too. For the better I think.

Pate a Choux













Aside from that, everything else here at The Culinary Institute remains the same, from the tourist groups to the cinder block dorms. All I can say is, I'm happy to be back at The World's Premiere Culinary School.

No comments:

Post a Comment