Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pretty in Pink

I just got this new 12" Microplane Classic in Pink over the past weekend. I was so excited because it seems like every time I look for one they never have pink. But, I struck it lucky at the outlets and just had to buy it.
I have always been a fan of Microplane, but I especially love the Classic Series. Here's why:

  • Pink is my favorite color. But fear not! They come in a variety of colors to match any decor or any style.
  • The blades are made in the U.S.A, thus supporting the economy.
  • The packaging doubles as the blade guard--limiting packaging waste.
  • The blade is razor sharp and remains sharp for a years.
  • The handle is clean and easy to maintain. I have the all plastic handle as opposed to the Comfort Grip handle. I like it more because the grip cannot be cut or dinged up from wear and tear of the commercial kitchen.
The common ailment of Microplane users is how to clean the tiny teeth free of debris. Well I have created a clever fix. All you need is an ice cube. After zesting, grating, shredding whatever your heart desires, grate an ice cube and voila! Clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment