Sunday, August 14, 2011

Strawberries and Cream Pancakes

I have a secret love affair with all things breakfast; pancakes, coffee, bacon, bagels...mmmmmm. Not only do I love eating breakfast but I love making it, too. There is just something about working the breakfast shift at a busy restaurant that makes me happy. In honor of completing the breakfast portion of my externship, I'm making a crowd favorite for lunch,or dare I say, brunch.


Strawberries and Cream Pancakes


For these pancakes I use Very Vanilla Silk Soy Milk instead of regular milk for two reasons: first, I'm lactose intolerant and second it adds to the "cream" aspect of these strawberries and cream pancakes.

Yields: 9 Silver Dollar Sized Pancakes

1 c. Bisquick
1 egg
1/2 c. Vanilla Soy Milk
6 oz White Chocolate, shaved
6 oz Strawberries, hulled and chopped small

Mix the pancake batter with the milk and the egg. Do not try to beat all of the lumps out of the batter!!!!!! A little lumpy is good.
Add in the strawberries and the white chocolate. Cook just like any other pancake, golden on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside.
I like mine with powdered sugar and a cup of coffee.

I was thinking about trying these with blueberries or peaches next time and with honey instead of powdered sugar. Good news is, there are plenty of lazy mornings to enjoy pancakes.





                                                           

1 comment: