Thursday, January 19, 2012

Vin. Fin.

Wine is meant to be prepared with food, so, courtesy of the CIA, my wines class got to enjoy a meal at The Caterina de Medici. On the house. Wine and all.

We had a lovely four course meal with a total of seven wines. There isn't much else to say, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Brut, "Prior," Bortolomiol, Prosecco di Conegliano-Valdobbiadene, Venet, Italy
&
Mozzerella, Proscuitto, Pickeled Vegetables, and Arugula

Falanghina, Feudi di San Gregorio, Campania, Italy 2009
&
Bardolino Chiaretto, Cavalchina, Veneto, Italy 2009


Seafood Risotto

Aprelis, Pondere San Luigi, Tuscany, Italy 2001
&
Cannonau, Argiolas, "Costera," Isola del Nuraghi, Sardina, Italy 2007
&
Braised Beef with Polenta, Cipollini and Baby Carrots


Brachetto d'Acqui, "Rosa Regale," Banfi, Piedmont, 2009
&
Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro, Villa di Corlo, Emilia-Romagna, Italy NV

Chocolate Lava Cake with Vanilla Gelato


What do you think of the pictures? I am kind of impressed with my picture taking skills this time.

Did I mention I am done with Wines Class?

No comments:

Post a Comment