Who am I kidding? I now know that simply adding a fruit to something does not make it automatically healthy...it makes it delicious!
So here is an amazing recipe for some amazing cookies. Oh and the best part is that they stay super soft for a long time.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 5 Dozen
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
8 oz Butter, softened
1 cup Pumpkin
3 cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Vanilla
2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (check out my recipe for it here)
1 tsp Salt
2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- Cream together the sugars and the butter.
- Once light and fluffy add the eggs, vanilla and pumpkin.
- Gradually fold in the flour, salt and baking powder. Reserve a 1/4 cup of the flour.
- Toss the chocolate chips in the reserved flour and then fold the dusted chips into the batter.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheets and bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in an air tight container.