Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Allentown Farmers Market

These past couple of days have been so busy, but so fun!

On Thursday, Justin graduated from The Culinary Institute of America.


After the ceremony Krissy and I went to Apple Pie for lunch and, of course, dessert.


I had the Cavatelli Carbonara with Spring Peas and Ramps.


And then this is what I had for dessert.


No it is not an egg in a can! It's a Mango Sphere with Coconut Panna Cotta and a Cookie Crumble in a Chocolate Sealed Can.
It was delicious! Panna Cotta is my favorite dessert, ever, and this coconut flavored one was so so delicious. I would love to make it at home. And serving it in a can was so cute!

Friday, Justin, his mom and I went to the Allentown Farmer's Market.


It was huge! And they had everything; produce, meats, baked goods, cheese, prepared foods. They even had things wrapped in pretzel dough. I had chicken, bacon and ranch in mine. Oh. My. Gawd. It was so delicious that I forgot to take a picture!


We bought a ton of delicious produce and meats and made dinner for everyone. The menu was:
Chicken Fines Herbs with Pancetta Roasted Brussel Sprouts and  Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes

For Dessert I made a Peach and Blueberry Tart with Diplomat Cream Filling.


1 comment: